There are many ways to give!
Gifts of any amount are welcome. You may make gifts with cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, life insurance, real estate, and personal property.
Making a planned gift does not depend on your amount of financial resources. It is something all of us can do. I hope that you will take a moment and consider the important part you might play in our ministries’ future:
- A bequest in your will is a simple way to leave a lasting legacy. Through your planning you can protect and bless your family and those people and organizations who mean the most to you. A will can give you peace of mind and it provides a steady roadmap for your next of kin.
- A life insurance policy is also a simple way to make your charitable wishes known. Designating Lutheran Social Services of northwestern Ohio affiliates as the owner and/or beneficiary of a policy guarantees your final wishes are honored.
- Retirement fund accounts are often your largest asset. You can give all or part of these assets to the Foundation associated with Lutheran Social Services of Northwest Ohio, both during your lifetime and/or upon your death.
- Real estate (land, primary residences, vacation homes, or farm land) can be donated to these ministries at any time and deducted at fair market value, currently at up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income. These assets are retained for use by the ministries when appropriate, or sold to benefit the work of the organizations.
- A charitable remainder trust, a charitable lead trust and donor advised funds along with the very popular charitable gift annuity and appreciated stock are other forms of gifting that you and your family can consider.
Many times, planning for your life’s legacy is overlooked or often postponed until late in life. Yet, it is one of the most important ways to bless your family, your church and the ministries you care about. If you would like to learn more, we would be pleased to connect you with experts who can assist you in exploring the benefits of many planned giving options. If you have already designated our ministries in your plans…THANK YOU…and we would love to know. Please do not hesitate to call!
Jeanette Hrovatich, Director of Planned Giving
Lutheran Social Services of Northwest Ohio
2149 Collingwood Blvd.
Toledo, OH 43620